Great North Run
WHAT IS IT?
In 2016 #TeamStOswald was the biggest ever, with almost 400 runners supporting us. Help us make Great North Run 2017 even bigger!
We would love you to be part of our amazing team for the Great North Run 2017. With over 57,000 runners, places for this half marathon fill very fast, so don't miss out!
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
Be part of our team for the largest half marathon in the world. If you’re a seasoned runner for St Oswald’s or about to do your first Great North Run ever, we will support you all the way. The 13.1 mile course starting in Newcastle upon Tyne will take you pass iconic buildings and a scenic route before ending in South Shields. Originating in 1981 where 12,000 runners had participated in the first Great North Run, the half marathon has grown significantly to attract 54,000 participants by 2011. As we celebrate our 30th anniversary this year, we are hoping to have our biggest ever Great North Run team to date.
You will receive a St Oswald’s Hospice branded running vest to wear on the day of the run along with a fundraising pack.
As a member of St Oswald's Hospice team, you will receive:
- A fundraising pack, full of ideas and tips to help you reach your fundraising goal
- A free #TeamStOswalds running vest
- Regular newsletters with training tips, information about training sessions, news and updates
- Access to St Oswald's Hospice tent after the run, where there will be access to massage tables, refreshments, and the warmest and wholehearted of welcomes from our fantastic volunteers!
- Anyone aged 17 and over with the appropriate level of fitness can be a part of the team.