Lymphoedema Awareness Week - don't let lymphoedema go unnoticed
27 February 2017
This Lymphoedema Awareness Week (5th-11th March) we will once again be raising awareness of the condition.
Although there is no cure for lymphoedema and the condition is life long, with the right treatment, lymphoedema can be managed to help people to live as normal a life as possible.
We are a national centre of excellence for lymphoedema management and the largest specialist Lymphoedema Service in the North East.
During the week we will be holding several drop-in events around the region to raise awareness and help people to recognise the signs and symptoms of the condition. Details of the events are below.
- Monday 6th March, 10am – 12pm, Shiremoor Resource Centre , Earsdon Rd, Shiremoor, Newcastle upon Tyne NE27 0HJ
- Tuesday 7th March, 11am-2pm, Northumbria University Coach Lane Campus, Student Union, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7XA
- Tuesday 7th March, 1pm-3pm, Blaydon Primary Care Centre, Shibdon Road, Blaydon-on-Tyne NE21 5NW
- Wednesday 8th March, 9am – 12pm, Freeman Hospital Main Entrance, Freeman Rd, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN
- Wednesday 8th March, 1pm-3pm, Royal Victoria Infirmary, MediCinema, Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP
- Thursday 9th March, 10am – 12pm, Gas House Lane Surgery, Morpeth NHS Centre, The Mount, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61 1JX